2015 Southern California All Star Championship Rules
A. Tournament rules shall be governed by the following:
- “Laws of the Game” as published by FIFA.
- Modifications as approved by CalSouth.
- Special tournament rules as adopted by Soccer Club of Oceanside will be enforced at all age groups
- This is a non-seeded Tournament
- In case of conflict, these special rules shall prevail.
- Tournament rules may be modified without notice
- All games will consist of “2 halves” as specified below. All games shall operate with a running clock
- All player substitutions are at the referee’s discretion
- Any team that delays the start of a game for more than 5 minutes shall forfeit the game
- Final games will be the stated length for each age group.
- Semi-Final games that are tied at the end of regulation play will go directly to FIFA penalty kicks.
- If the Final game is tied at the end of regulation play will go to 2 x 5 minutes overtime halves (NO “golden goal” rule). If the game is tied at the end of overtime, play will go directly to FIFA penalty kicks.
|DIV||BORN AFTER||POOL PLAY||SEMIS||FINAL||BALL|
- Only Recreational players shall be eligible to play in the Tournament.
- CalSouth or AYSO laminated 2015-16 player passes with the player’s photo will be required of all players to be submitted at the start of the tournament.
- Medical release forms will be required for all players at initial check-in.
- One hour prior to the first game of the Tournament, the Coach/Administrator shall present his player cards and player medical releases to the Tournament Check In tent. Only players listed on the Team Roster submitted at check in shall participate in the Tournament games. If any non-listed player is used in any game, that team shall be disqualified from the Tournament. Tournament check in staff will affix a colored sticker to each player card of players eligible to participate.
- Each team shall present itself at the assigned field ten (10) minutes prior to game time and be ready to take the field immediately when it becomes vacant, so that the game will start on time. The referee will check in each team by using the gamecard and will verify player eligibility by using the player card with affixed tournament sticker. The coach/administrator is responsible for obtaining the gamecard before each game to present to the referee, and return to tournament check in after the game. During the game, the gamecard and player cards will remain in the referees possession.
- All players are required to wear shin guards at all times.
- Player equipment and safety is at the sole discretion of the referee
- Divisions 5 & 6 teams shall have a maximum of 14 players on the roster with 8 on the field. Divisions 3 & 4 shall have a maximum of 18 players on the roster with 11 on the field.
- The minimum number of players required to start a game will be five (5) for Divisions 5 & 6 and seven (7) for Divisions 3 & 4
- No player may compete in the tournament on more than one team, even if that team is eliminated.
- Coaches must have a current 2015-16 Administrator/Coach card.
- An approved team administrator must be present for a game to continue if the coach is ejected from the game. If no administrator is with the team, the game shall be declared as a forfeit with a score of 3-0 for the opponent.
E. General Requirements
- Coaches (including assistant coaches giving instructions) and substitute players shall remain within the area ten yards each side of the half line during the game. All other spectators will remain outside this area.
- The home team is the team listed first on the schedule. The home team shall have choice of sides. Teams shall be on opposite sides of the field. The home team shall provide a suitable game ball.
- The home team shall be responsible for changing to an alternate color jersey in the event of a conflict.
- Ball sizes shall be: Size 4 for Division 6 (Under 8); Size 4 for Divisions 5 & 4 (Under 10, Under 12); and Size 5 for Division 3 (Under 14).
- Please help us to keep our fields clean by asking your team to pick up any trash after your game.
- Team Standings from Pool Play will be determined by a 10-point system:
- 6 points/win
- 3 points/tie
- 1 point/shut-out, including 0-0 ties ( A 0-0 tie shall score 4 points for each team)
- 1 point/goal (maximum 3 goals/game)
- 0 points/loss
- Minus 1 point/red card issued to player or coach
- Forfeit = 3 – 0 (Winning team shall be awarded 10 points)
- Ties in Standings from Pool Play will be resolved as follows:
- Winner of head-to-head competition
- Goals against (Goals against Limit is 4 per game)
- Goals scored (Goals For Limit is 4 per game)
- Goal Differntial
- Most Shutouts
- FIFA penalty kicks, time and location determined by Tournament Director
G. Conduct and Disciplinary Actions
- Coaches shall be responsible for the conduct of their players, parents and fans on their sidelines. Players, coaches, parents and fans shall conduct themselves in a proper and respectful manner. Anyone smoking, using alcohol or drugs, yelling profanities or conducting themselves in a manner which the referee or the Field Marshal deems inappropriate or an interference with the players shall be asked to leave. The Field Marshals and referees shall have the final authority for the enforcement of this rule. Refusal to comply or repeated infractions may result in disqualification of the team.
- A coach who is ejected due to misconduct will be asked to leave the field immediately and will be required to sit out the next scheduled game and the team will receive a 1 point deduction. If there is no other team administrator to continue the game, the game will be recorded as a forfeit with the score of 3-0 awarded to the opponent.
- If a player receives a red card (ejected) during a game, he or she will have to sit out the next scheduled game and will receive a 1-point deduction. In case of violent conduct or serious foul play, The Tournament Committee will determine the severity of the suspension.
- Any team that deliberately breaks the Tournament Rules will be automatically disqualified from the tournament and will forfeit all games. The incident will be reported to the appropriate State affiliation.
- No protests will be accepted. The referee’s decision is final.
- The referee’s judgment with regard to laws of the game, field condition, and players’ equipment can not be challenged and his/her decision is final.
I. Unexpected circumstances
The Tournament Committee will resolve any issues not covered under the above rules. Their decision is final.
J. Refunds & Cancellations
- In the case of cancellation of the tournament before it starts due to nature (rain or other event) the tournament will refund 50% of the entry fee back to each team. Once the first scheduled game has been started this policy does not apply and no refunds of any kind will be awarded.
- If any team submits cancellation of entry from the tournament the following policy applies:
- Cancellation in writing 3 weeks before tournament- 50% of tournament fee will be refunded.
- Cancellation in writing 2 weeks before the tournament – 25% of tournament fee will be refunded.
- Cancellation in writing less than 2 weeks before tournament – no refunds!
- Pool play for Division 5 and Division 6 age brackets will have one assigned for preliminary games. Semi-Finals and Finals will have 3 assigned referees
- All matches for Division 3 and Division 4 age brackets shall have 3 assigned referees
A forfeit results in a 3-0 score and will receive 10 points. If at the discretion of the Tournament Director a forfeit provides an unfair advantage, the Tournament Director may make an adjustment in the bracket. If both teams fail to appear, each team will receive 0 points. Teams forfeiting their first game will be assumed to forfeit all of their games unless they contact tournament headquarters at least 3 hours prior to their subsequent games. There are no refunds to teams who forfeit their own games.
Rain or other weather conditions during the Tournament shall not delay play unless the referee deems the field unsafe. In the event of inclement weather or unsuitable field conditions, games may: be shortened, go to FIFA penalty kicks, or be cancelled. There will be no refunds or reimbursements of tournament application fee for cancellation or forfeiture of any game.